Recipe by Mandi N.
I got this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network. It takes lots of prep but is well worth it. I did change a few things from her Recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces manicotti
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still firm if eaten. Be careful not to let them get too soft or it makes stuffing them very difficult.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Saute the ground beef and onion in olive oil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Brush a small amount of oil over a large baking sheet and Place the firmly cooked manicotti on it to cool.
- Meanwhile combine the ricotta, 1 1/2-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
- Add the minced garlic, salt & pepper to taste, and mix.
- Stir the cooled meat mixture with the cheese mixture.
- Brush another small amount of oil over a 13 by 9 glass baking dish.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Fill the manicotti with the cheese and meat mixture, being careful not to break the noodles.
- Arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the dish and spoon the remaining sauce over the manicotti.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and the parmesan cheese over the pasta.
- Place the small butter pieces all over the dish.
- Bake the stuffed manicotti uncovered until heated through. The sauce will bubble on the sides of the dish, takes around 35 minutes.
- Let the manicotti stand for about 5 minutes.