Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family really liked this recipe. I thought this was so easy to make. When I made this recipe I only used 15oz of tomato sauce. I also used 3/4 of a regular onion. I also used 1 1/2 cup egg noodles but I think 2 2/2 cups would be better. I got the recipe from Parish Pickens from Lakeshore United Methodist.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (2 small cans)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped (all the way to the end)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef. Add salt, pepper, tomato sauce, garlic, sugar and mix.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Cook noodles.
- In a bowl, put sour cream, cream cheese & green onions and mix.
- In a large casserole put a layer of noodles, half the cream mixture & half the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was really good and easy too. I doubled the recipe (baked in a 14x9x2 pan for 40 minutes), using whole wheat egg noodles, light cream cheese and fat-free sour cream. I was short on tomato sauce, so I added a small can of tomato soup, and that worked just fine. I had meat sauce and noodles left over, but that is okay. My family and I certainly enjoyed this, and think it is definitely worth making again. I made this for Spring PAC 2011.
A very tasty & simple meal to prepare. My teenage daughter made this for dinner yesterday. Enjoyed by the family.