Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this on a Kraft Family Favorites insert. Submitted to www.recipezaar.com on Feb. 10, 2010
Make and share this Beef & Cheese Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky salsa
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sliced black olives
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, pour off fat.
- Stir in salsa and Velveeta© and stir until melted.
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture in center of tortilla and top with choice of toppings. Fold bottom edge up over filling and fold sides to center.
OMG! What a surprise this recipe was! I will admit... I was scared by the idea of stirring Velveeta into my ground beef, and when I did it, it didn't look very pretty. I made this for a big pool party this weekend and I was worried that people would back away slowly, but instead they piled this into soft and hard tacos, and then after they'd eaten the tacos they just started dipping tortilla chips into the bowl. My DH won't eat it, because he doesn't eat any cheese, but it was such a hit with everyone else that we'll be making it again! Thanks for sharing it, Papa! Made & enjoyed for the June 2012 Cookathon in your memory.