Cook2 hrs 12 mins
My partner's amazing ragu recipe that we made for dinner tonight. Used squid ink linguinie for colour contrast.
- Heat the oil in a Large Pressure Cooker.
- Brown the beef and onions.
- Brown the garlic.
- Add the wine and let it reduce about 50%.
- Add the thyme, tomatos, tomato paste and carrots.
- Put the cooker on high setting and high heat on the stove top and bring to pressure.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for at LEAST 90 minutes. (120 minutes is better though).
- Remove the meat from the cooker and place in a bowl, shred the meat with two forks, (this step may not be nessessary if you cook for longer.).
- Return the meat to the cooker and then reduce until sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, while reducing the sauce, get your pasta cooking.
- When you are happy with the sauce and the pasta is ready, serve and enjoy!
- If you are using a crockpot/slowcooker, leave on low heat for 14 hours.