1/2 Photos of Beef Cheek and Red Wine Ragu
2 hrs 22 mins
2 hrs 12 mins
My partner's amazing ragu recipe that we made for dinner tonight. Used squid ink linguinie for colour contrast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a Large Pressure Cooker.
- 2Brown the beef and onions.
- 3Brown the garlic.
- 4Add the wine and let it reduce about 50%.
- 5Add the thyme, tomatos, tomato paste and carrots.
- 6Put the cooker on high setting and high heat on the stove top and bring to pressure.
- 7Reduce heat to low and cook for at LEAST 90 minutes. (120 minutes is better though).
- 8Remove the meat from the cooker and place in a bowl, shred the meat with two forks, (this step may not be nessessary if you cook for longer.).
- 9Return the meat to the cooker and then reduce until sauce is thick.
- 10Meanwhile, while reducing the sauce, get your pasta cooking.
- 11When you are happy with the sauce and the pasta is ready, serve and enjoy!
- 12If you are using a crockpot/slowcooker, leave on low heat for 14 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Cheek and Red Wine Ragu
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: