Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Gilbert's Sausage Recipes.
- 1 (14 ounce) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce or 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 gilbert's beef and cheddar sausages
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough on a lightly floured work surface. Gently roll dough to 1/4 in thickness. Cut into 4 equal size rectangles.
- Spread each dough with 1/4 cup sauce, leaving the top inch of the long end free of sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over sauce.
- Line up 1 sausage at bottom end of each dough on top of cheese. Gently roll the dough up and press to seal the seam, press the ends together to seal.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet, cut three small slashes across top of each roll being careful not to cut into sausage.
- Brush each with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 20-25 min, until golden brown and bubbly. Cool slightly prior to serving.
- Serve with extra marinara sauce.