Made this tonight and it turned out better than ever. With a touch of heat, it was absolutely wonderful. DH and I ate too much! Please note that you can use less of each spice, as you choose. Cooking time includes bringing water to a boil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground round (meat should be lean)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed beans (Private Selection cans kidney, pinto & black together)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons hungarian hot paprika
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1Put a pot of water on the stove to boil. You'll cook the macaroni for this following Recipezaar # 30358.
- 2Lightly brown the garlic and onion in the olive oil; add ground round and brown over medium heat.
- 3Your water should be boiling. Add the macaroni, cover the pot, turn off and set your microwave or stove timer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for five minutes. (They should not be seasoned tomatoes.).
- 5Add drained and rinsed can of beans and mix well.
- 6Add 1 t of each of the paprika and cumin and let simmer for five minutes. Taste to see if you want to add the rest of the spices. Simmer on low heat if macaroni is not yet ready.
- 7When macaroni is done, drain.
- 8Add a macaroni to chili mac a few ladles at a time to make sure that you don't add too much macaroni.
- 9Once you are satisfied with the proportion of macaroni to chili, add the cheese. Turn off the heat. Stir to melt the cheese and serve!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Cheddar Chili Mac
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.1
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 1872.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: