Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this tonight and it turned out better than ever. With a touch of heat, it was absolutely wonderful. DH and I ate too much! Please note that you can use less of each spice, as you choose. Cooking time includes bringing water to a boil.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground round (meat should be lean)
- 1 (15 ounce) canmixed beans (Private Selection cans kidney, pinto & black together)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons hungarian hot paprika
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil. You'll cook the macaroni for this following Recipezaar # 30358.
- Lightly brown the garlic and onion in the olive oil; add ground round and brown over medium heat.
- Your water should be boiling. Add the macaroni, cover the pot, turn off and set your microwave or stove timer for 15 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for five minutes. (They should not be seasoned tomatoes.).
- Add drained and rinsed can of beans and mix well.
- Add 1 t of each of the paprika and cumin and let simmer for five minutes. Taste to see if you want to add the rest of the spices. Simmer on low heat if macaroni is not yet ready.
- When macaroni is done, drain.
- Add a macaroni to chili mac a few ladles at a time to make sure that you don't add too much macaroni.
- Once you are satisfied with the proportion of macaroni to chili, add the cheese. Turn off the heat. Stir to melt the cheese and serve!