Adapted from the Sunbeam Slow Cooker Instruction Booklet. A tasty beef casserole with tomato and red wine flavours.
- Dust beef in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook beef in batches until brown. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To the same frying pan, add onion and garlic, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir tomato paste into the vegetables, cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and allow alcohol to evaporate and liquid to reduce slightly. About 2 minutes.
- Place vegetables and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. (Go easy on the thyme if you don't like it too herby.)Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.
- Season to taste and serve hot with mashed potatoes.