1/1 Photo of Beef Casserole With Semi Sun-Dried Tomatoes
4 hrs 30 mins
Adapted from the Sunbeam Slow Cooker Instruction Booklet. A tasty beef casserole with tomato and red wine flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dust beef in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook beef in batches until brown. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 3To the same frying pan, add onion and garlic, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes or until onion is softened.
- 4Add carrots and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 5Stir tomato paste into the vegetables, cook 1 minute.
- 6Add wine and allow alcohol to evaporate and liquid to reduce slightly. About 2 minutes.
- 7Place vegetables and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. (Go easy on the thyme if you don't like it too herby.)Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.
- 8Season to taste and serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Casserole With Semi Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.9
- Calories from Fat 505
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 453.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: