Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy, and delicous.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, slices
- Brown beef and onion; drain off fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, ricotta cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon spinach mixture around edges of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish; pour beef mixture into center.
- Cut each mozzarella slice into 3 strips and arrange in a lattice pattern over meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoyed the recipe, thanks for sharing.
THIS IS GREAT! How it came to me was FATE! When want that comfort food, but cannot do pasta or a high carb meal, TRUE! This is DEFINATELY the one for you! WISH would have taken photos before and after today! As was beautifully prepared lattice before and well...TA DA is all I can now say! :) THANKS! UPDATE: Use fresh english spinach, TRUE! And added 1 tub of cooking cream as ran out of ricotta too!