Recipe by keen5
This recipe is from an old Southern Living cookbook (1970). I made this for my family and they loved it.
Top Review by Julie in SoCal
I have a battered old cut-out magazine copy of my mother's from the 1960s of this recipe. Today I use the low-fat soups and light sour cream, but other than that, it's still a winner. True comfort food for me. Thanks for posting -- your copy is much easier to read than mine!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 lb) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package noodles, cooked
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb (I used regular ones in the box to save time)