Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a box of white rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown beef, drain if necessary.
- Add tomato sauce, 1/2 the salt, garlic, onion and green pepper.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring water to a boil and add rice and remaining salt.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend cottage cheese and cream cheese together. Add parsley.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish alternate layers of rice, cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.