Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very good dish for an evening meal, and my family has always liked it. Add a salad, and bread, and you have a filling meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrot
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef in melted butter in skillet. When meat begins to turn color, add onion, and garlic. Saute until meat is well browned. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, parsley, and carrots. Keep cooked and drained noodles seperate.
- Alternate layers of meat mixture and cottage cheese mixture in greased 3 quart casserole dish, beginning and ending with noodles. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Makes 6 - 8 servings.