Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adore beef carpaccio! It makes great appetizer for formal dinners. This is from the Kansas City Junior League cookbook, Above & Beyond Parsley. Try adding thin slices of Parmesan cheese or serve with baguette slices. The rich dressing is also wonderful when doubled and served over cold roast beef salad with some Parmesan crisps and arugula.
- 1 lb filet of beef, uncooked (prime)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional to brush meat
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- capers, rinsed and drained, to garnish
- lemon slice, to garnish
- Trim and thinly slice beef into 12 to 18 pieces.
- Gently pound meat until paper thin.
- Arrange 2 to 3 slices in the center of each serving plate.
- Sprinkle generously with lemon juice, reserving 1 Tbs.
- Brush meat lightly with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots, garlic, mustard, soy sauces, and remaining lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in olive oil ad whisk to incorporate.
- Drizzle sauce over meat.
- Grind pepper over the top and garnish with capers on edges of slices and lemon slice in center.