Recipe by Ingy
Beef carpaccio is a very popular modern Italian appetizer that can double as a light meal. I first had carpaccio in a small restaurant in Paris and have been making it at home ever since. Cooking time is freezing time. From Alton Brown.
- 8 -10 ounces beef tenderloin, from the tip end of the roast
- 4 cups arugula or 4 cups mixed greens
- your favorite vinaigrette (amount to taste)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, unwrap the tenderloin and thinly slice the beef into approximately into 1/8 to 1/4-inch pieces.
- Lay out sheets of plastic wrap and place each slice onto the plastic. Top with another piece of plastic and gently pound the meat with a meat mallet until paper thin.
- Repeat until all of the meat is sliced and pounded.
- Divide the meat evenly among 4 chilled plates. Serve with greens tossed with vinaigrette, salt, pepper and/or Parmesan.