Recipe by Galley Wench
In Mexico this flavorful meat is marinaded and then slowley grilled. This recipe can be prepared on the stove top, crockpot or a pressure cooker. Adjust cooking times to method of preparation.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
Nice flavor, easy to make. I made this along with your spanish rice and it was a terrific meal thatmy family devoured!! I used a few extra peppers I had on hand and this was a keeper recipe - thank you!! **Went to market 2007**
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut into 1-inch pieces (sirlion or skirt steak)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped poblano pepper
- 2 chopped chipotle chiles, with
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking oil.
- Add meat, onions and garlic and saute until brown.
- Stir in broth, chilis, adobo sauce and spices.
- Cook until meat is very tender (time varys depending on cooking method).
- Remove from broth and finely chop.
- Serve rolled with soft flour tortilla and serve with garnishes.
- Note: The left over crockprot broth can be used in the preparation of spanish rice -- beware it will kick it up a couple notches!