6 hrs 15 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
In Mexico this flavorful meat is marinaded and then slowley grilled. This recipe can be prepared on the stove top, crockpot or a pressure cooker. Adjust cooking times to method of preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut into 1-inch pieces (sirlion or skirt steak)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped poblano pepper
- 2 chopped chipotle chiles, with
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1Spray pan with non-stick cooking oil.
- 2Add meat, onions and garlic and saute until brown.
- 3Stir in broth, chilis, adobo sauce and spices.
- 4Cook until meat is very tender (time varys depending on cooking method).
- 5Remove from broth and finely chop.
- 6Serve rolled with soft flour tortilla and serve with garnishes.
- 7Note: The left over crockprot broth can be used in the preparation of spanish rice -- beware it will kick it up a couple notches!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Carnitas
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 765.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: