Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Double the filling and freeze half for another night
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- In skillet over medium heat cook beef, breaking up with spoon for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add onion, garlic, green peppers, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in carrot and tomato sauce and set aside.
- On floured surface roll dough into 4 (8") circles.
- Divide filling over half of each circle and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold dough over and pinch to seal.
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Place calzones on top and dust with flour.
- Bake in centre of 425 oven for 20 minutes or until golden.