Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Marinating time is not included in prep time.
- 3 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 78.07 ml hoisin sauce
- 59.14 ml pomegranate juice
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml wasabi paste
- 4.92 ml pomegranate juice
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 7.39 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 473.18 ml packaged matchstick carrots
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 118.29 ml fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1.Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- 2.Prepare Wasabi Cucumbers. Combine wasabi paste and pomegranate juice in medium bowl. Add cucumbers; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3.Prepare Gingered Carrots. Combine mayonnaise and ginger in another medium bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4.Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- 5.Carve steaks into thin slices. Place cucumbers and carrots side by side on plate; top with beef. Top with avocado and pomegranate seeds; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Such an awesome recipe... Aside from the beef, this really tastes like a california roll! My favorite part of the salad was the wasabi cucumbers- so spicy and delicious. I know I'll be making these cucumbers often for sure. The pomegranate seeds were also an inspired addition. The beef was tender and the marinade was tasty, but I'm looking forward to trying this salad with fresh sashimi instead next time. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]