Recipe by *Parsley*
A good, flavorful soup for your slowcooker. You could adapt this to stovetop, also. I always stick the sirloin in the freezer for about 25-30 minutes for easier cutting.
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopoped onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 -2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 16 ounces dark beer
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sirloin cubes, cabbage, onion, carrots, potatoes, and caraway seeds in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beer, brown sugar, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Pour the liqiud mixture over stew mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5-7 hours (different crockpots vary in heat/cook times).
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.