hamburger pie, simple and tasty. The amount of each spice is very, very loose. I add, smell and taste. Please make sure you're tasting as you go and adjust to your own preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease bottom of cast iron skillet with Crisco and sprinkle with salt.
- 3Bring skillet to med-high temperature.
- 4Crumble ground beef all over skillet.
- 5After a minute or so, turn heat to medium.
- 6Use a heavy duty spoon to squash beef while browning to keep an even crumble.
- 7Add 1/4 c onion, 1 tsp thyme, a light layer of black pepper, ground mustard, and cayenne.
- 8Add 1 can of butter beans, reserve liquid.
- 9Let cook for a bit.
- 10Add 1/2 the reserved bean liquid.
- 11Let cook for a bit.
- 12Sprinkle with flour to thicken.
- 13Then add the remaining bean liquid.
- 14Let cook down until it is moist but not soupy.
- 15Put into mixing bowl and let cool to warm temperature.
- 16Make double pie crust. Use your preferred recipe. Make sure to prick bottom crust with fork. Do not bake prior to filling.
- 17Add chopped pickles.
- 18If the mixture is cooled, mix in 2 eggs.
- 19Scoop into pie shell, cover with top crust, cut three vent slits into top.
- 20Cook for 30 minutes.
- 21Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 22Eat :).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Butter Bean Pie
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 1091.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g