1/6 Photos of Beef Burritos
i used to make this a lot when the kids were younger and i guess i forgot about it. i had several pounds of ground beef and wanted to do something different, remembered this easy recipe, and we had a great dinner. i served this with yellow rice and corn salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2sauté beef and onion in a skillet until browned, breaking up larger pieces.
- 3drain fat.
- 4add chili powder and cumin, stir.
- 5add refried beans and stir to incorporate, add the green chilies and tomato sauce.
- 6cook until some liquid is absorbed.
- 7heat tortillas in oven, or microwave a few minutes until pliable.
- 8spread each tortilla with a few tablespoons of beef mixture down the middle.
- 9sprinkle with cheddar to cover.
- 10fold each side over and secure with toothpicks.
- 11bake 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 12serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.8
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 204.1 mg
- Sodium 1963.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 61.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground beef round