Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super simple and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Idaho Press Tribune.
Make and share this Beef Burrito With Pepper Jack Cheese and Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups brown rice or 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced including green tops
- In a medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat. Break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon.
- Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion.
- Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, on microwave-safe dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve with remaining salsa.