Super simple and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Idaho Press Tribune.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups brown rice or 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced including green tops
- 1In a medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat. Break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon.
- 2Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa and set aside.
- 3Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- 4Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice.
- 5Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn.
- 6Top with 2 teaspoons of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion.
- 7Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up.
- 8Place, seam side down, on microwave-safe dish.
- 9Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 10Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- 11Serve with remaining salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Burrito With Pepper Jack Cheese and Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 684.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g