Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Super simple and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Idaho Press Tribune.
Make and share this Beef Burrito With Pepper Jack Cheese and Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups brown rice or 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced including green tops
- In a medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat. Break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon.
- Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion.
- Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, on microwave-safe dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve with remaining salsa.