Recipe by The brat
This came from "Cooking Light, Weeknight one dish meals." My hubby and I appreciate something that tastes like you cooked all day in the kitchen. This is a crockpot delight! Make it a day or two ahead of time and simply re-heat and eat. A nice Chianti or Zin goes well with this meal. Yum-yum!
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced carrots, Cut 1-inch thick
- 1 (16 ounce) packagethawed white pearl onions
- 1 (9 ounce) package mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh thyme (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Sprinkle beef with flour in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Place beef midxture, carrots, onions, mushrooms and garlic in electric slow cooker. Stir well.
- 2. Combine beef broth and next six ingredients (up to the black pepper). Stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions and serve beef mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with thyme.