Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 springs parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 cups dry red wine
- Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown meat quickly on all sides in heated butter in a large skillet.
- Then remove to a 2 ½-Quart casserole.
- Brown onion, carrot and garlic in butter remaining in skillet.
- Heat cognac; ignite and pour over beef.
- When flame has expired, stir in vegetables and remaining ingredients.
- Cover casserole and bake at 350 degrees for about 2 ½ hours.