Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe for stove or oven cooking instead of microwave.
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil, Crushed
- 1⁄4 lb stew meat (1/2-inch Cubes)
- 3 3⁄4 ounces canned tomatoes, Cut Up
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pearl onions
- 4 small fresh mushrooms
- In a 20-oz casserole, microwave bacon, loosely covered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till done.
- Drain bacon, reserving drippings in casserole.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Stir flour, bouillon granules, and basil into drippings.
- Add beef, UNDRAINED tomatoes, and wine; mix well.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 minute, stirring once.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 10 to 12 minutes or til meat is tender, stirring twice.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon atop and serve.