Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This recipe comes from St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa. Its a healthy recipe. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious.
- 2 lbs lean boneless top round steaks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can no-salt-added beef broth
- 10 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 3 cups halved small fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup Burgundy wine or 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Trim fat from steak.
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients into a large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This was so yummy! I used stew meat instead of the top round, just to save time from cutting it, and did everything else to a T! It was so easy, and very good. The meat was tender and moist. I thin next time I will try adding some onion salt also, and more garlic, and maybe a bay leaf. THanks!
We followed the recipe using an arm steak chopped into chunks with the exception of thickening the sauce with cornstarch at the end. Nice flavor.
This was simple and delicious! I will make this one again. Used stew meat as well, it was very tender and tasty. Thank you!!!!