Recipe by Kikimony
Simple and delicious.
Top Review by TommyGato
This is a quick, easily prepared and excellent recipe. I bought a fresh bottle of dried tarragon just to make this and perhaps the problem was the strength of the herb, but we found it overpowering. I think that toning down the tarragon to about 1/2 tsp. would allow the flavors of the other well chosen ingredients to be noticed more easily and still retain the distictive flavor of this herb.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 bunch green onion (6-8)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into strips (about 2" x 1/4").
- Place beef in bowl and add wine.
- Let marinate while you prepare vegetables.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Cut green onions into 1" lenghths.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter until hot.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and green onions and stir fry until limp.
- 5 min.
- Scoop vegetables out and place juices in bowl and set aside.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a bag.
- Place beef in it (reserving the marinade).
- Wipe the skillet dry.
- Add remaining butter and melt.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add vegetables and any liquid, marinade, the broth and tarragon.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens.