Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
The tender beef, mushrooms and flavorful sauce are delicious over noodles.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine or 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon browning sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven or nonstick skillet, brown beef and onion in butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, wine or broth, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley, bay leaf, clove, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf and clove. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.