Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sooo good! I'll confess I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals", but it's too good not to share with everyone. Don't let all the steps scare you (I spelled it out clearly for beginner cooks)...it's actually very easy and very worth it!
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided in half
- 16 white mushrooms, thinly sliced (Portobella's work well also)
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed & drained
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, trimmed and cubed into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh sage
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen string
- In a large deep skillet, heat over medium high heat.
- Add chopped bacon and brown.
- Remove crisp bacon bits and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to pan and melt into bacon drippings.
- Add mushroom slices and turn to coat evenly.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Saute mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onions and saute another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms& onions to a plate and set aside.
- Return pan to high heat and add remaining butter to melt.
- Add meat and brown evenly on all sides, keeping meat moving.
- Add flour to the meat and cook flour for 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine to the hot pan and deglaze (scrape bottom of pan to loosen all cooked on bits).
- Bring to a low boil.
- Add broth and bundle of sage and thyme.
- Cover and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add musrooms, onion& bacon.
- Simmer uncovered until sauce thickens a bit.
- Adjust seasoning and remove herb bundle.
- Serve over hot herbed noodles, rice or garlic mashed potatoes.
very good and was easy. i will make it again soon. farmer jeff