Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Burgundy adds a touch of sophistication to this stew's deep mellow blend of mushrooms and vegetables. It makes a hearty dinner when served over noodles or garlic mashed potatoes.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 907.18 g beef stew meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 453.59 g package frozen stew vegetables
- 304.75 g can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 158.51 ml Burgundy wine
- 78.07 ml water
- 14.79 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- hot cooked wide egg noodles or garlic mashed potatoes
- snipped fresh parsley
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Brown beef, half at a time, over medium heat in the skillet. Drain off fat. Place frozen vegetables in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Place beef on vegetables. Combine soup, wine, water, an tapioca; pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on LOW-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture over cooked noodles or garlic mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes: 6 servings.