Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Burgundy adds a touch of sophistication to this stew's deep mellow blend of mushrooms and vegetables. It makes a hearty dinner when served over noodles or garlic mashed potatoes.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- hot cooked wide egg noodles or garlic mashed potatoes
- snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Brown beef, half at a time, over medium heat in the skillet. Drain off fat. Place frozen vegetables in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Place beef on vegetables. Combine soup, wine, water, an tapioca; pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on LOW-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture over cooked noodles or garlic mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes: 6 servings.