Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found this on Taste of Home and it sound yummy!! Haven't tried it yet. But hope to really soon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
I didn't care for this recipe at all and neither did my family. The tapioca gave it an unappetizing a slimy texture. I also thought it lacked flavor. I followed the directions but was very disappointed.
This is a great dish! I followed the instructions completely opting for the beef broth over the wine as you allowed. The meat was very tender. I used a london broil cut that I cubed myself - find it is less fatty that way and I can control the size of the cubes. Great go-to dish that looks like I spent all day on it instead of the crock pot doing all the cooking! The broth I thickened up a bit at the end to provide more of a gravy to serve over the noodles (I did add a bit more beef broth to stretch it out before thickening). Wonderful dish that I will be preparing again and again. Made for the Pick A Chef Event Spring 2009.