Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A tasty recipe requiring little preparation time. A great weekend dinner. Serve with buttered noodles and a crisp garden salad.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup Burgundy wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Stir, and lower oven temperature to 325 degrees. Cover and continue cooking for 2 1/2 hours more. No peeking. Serve with buttered egg noodles.