Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sirloin beef tips in a red wine gravy served over rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip steaks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 ml your favorite red wine
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- hot water
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice first and let stand.
- Pour olive into skillet and heat up.
- Add sirloin tips; let brown.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Once beef, garlic, and onions are cooked, add 1 1/2 cups of the wine.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream.
- As wine cooks out, add more; blend well.
- Add cornstarch.
- Let simmer until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
This was good, but I was a bit confused by the recipe directions. Perhaps it is intuitive to others, but most of the Beef Burgundy recipes that I have made in the past gave clear instructions to cube the beef first. This recipe did not specify cutting the beef though, but I was worried it wouldn't cooken sufficiently in the time allotted. So I went ahead and cubed the steak. And it turned out really nice. I think it would have benefitted from a little boost from some flavorful herbs though, perhaps a little thyme or basil. But all in all, a very nice dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe, kymber_71. Made for ZWT8 - France.
Rave reviews for the taste of the burgandy sauce. Followed recipe, except the steak tips were not 'sirloin', just steak tips, and a little chewy. Next time sirloin, as tips were cooked thru after by the time you added the liquids. Overall flavor and taste were exceptional.