Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from my mother and it has been a family favourite for years. Wonderful for company as you just put it in the oven and forget about it!
- 2 -3 lbs stewing beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Just stir all ingredients together in casserole (no need to brown beef).
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Uncover, stir and cook for 1/2 hour more.