1/2 Photos of Beef Burgundy
This is a fabulous recipe--one of my favorites! It is time consuming but so very worth it. I have doubled the recipe and frozen in individual size portions for leftover night. Enjoy! OAMC also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces salt pork, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 1/2 lbs beef sirloin, cut in 1 1/2 in Cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb white pearl onion, peeled
- 4 carrots, in 1 inch slices
- 4 ounces small mushrooms
- noodles or rice
- 1Brown salt pork in a large skillet. Put into a 3 1/2-quart oven-safe casserole.
- 2Fry bacon until lightly crisp. Cut into small pieces and add to the salt pork.
- 3Drain bacon fat and reserve.
- 4Brown 1/2 the beef in 2 T. of the bacon fat.
- 5Remove beef to the casserole. Repeat with remaining beef cubes.
- 6Mix flour with 2 T. bacon fat. Cook on med-low. Stir until well browned.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in beef stock and wine. Return to heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- 8Add seasonings. Stir, pour over the meat mixture in casserole.
- 9Cover and bake at 375° for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from heat and add the vegetables. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours longer.
- 10Remove bay leaves.
- 11Serve with rice or flat noodles.
- 12For OAMC: After all has cooled, put some noodles and some of the beef mixture into freezer ziplock bags or use a vacuum sealer after slightly frozen. To cook: Boil in bag or microwave. **I do this a lot with this recipe and its fantastic**.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Burgundy
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 681.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 31.8 g