Chef #331672's Note:
the additon of the bread and milk mixture allows the burgers to sear more effectively thus, the burger is tender and moist
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sandwich bread, crust removed and discarded, bread chopped into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 slice)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce, such as A-1
- 1 1/2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 1Turn all burners to high, close lid, and heat until very hot, about 15 minutes. Use grill brush to scrape cooking grate clean. Lightly dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil; holding wad with tongs, wipe cooking grate. Leave primary burner on high, turn other burner(s) to low.
- 2Meanwhile, mash bread and milk in large bowl with fork until homogeneous (you should have about 1/4 cup). Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, and steak sauce.
- 3Break up beef into small pieces over bread mixture. Using fork or hands, lightly mix together until mixture forms cohesive mass. Divide meat into 8 equal portions. Gently toss one portion of meat back and forth between hands to form loose ball. Gently flatten into 1/2-inch-thick patty that measures about 4 1/2 inches in diameter. Press center of patty down with fingertips until it is about 1/3 inch thick, creating a slight depression in each patty. Repeat with remaining portions of meat.
- 4Lightly dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil; holding wad with tongs, wipe cooking grate. Grill burgers on hot side of grill, covered, until well seared on first side, 2 to 4 minutes. Using wide metal spatula, flip burgers and continue grilling, about 3 minutes for medium-well or 4 minutes for well-done. Serve burgers on toasted buns.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 14.7 g