Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Wonderful easy kabobs done on the grill. You can make packet potatoes at the same time, serve with a salad and dinner is done. Part of prep time is marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 ground ginger
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3 inch long sticks
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a med bowl.
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Cover and marinate meat in soy mixture for 2 or 3 hours at room temp, stirring occasionally.
- While meat marinates, cook beans and carrots seperatly in boiling, salted water until barely tender.
- (or steam them) Drain well and cool.
- Wrap half the meat strips around bundles of four beans.
- Repeat with remaining meat and carrot sticks.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Thread bundles ladder style on two parallel skewers.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Grill over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Turn and grill 3 or 4 minutes more.
- Brush with melted butter during cooking.