Recipe by Marla in TX
Got this from RecipeSource, but it does not have an author to thank and give credit. Don't know how authentic it is but it sure is great.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced across grain
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame salt (toasted sesame seeds ground with salt), pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, saki and red pepper flakes in a medium-size bowl.
- Add meat and toss. Marinate 30 minutes or more.
- Cook the meat over medium-high heat on a stove top grill. Heat the grill first,making it very hot. Add the oil. Cook meat 1 to 2 minutes on each side, browning it nicely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.