5 hrs 20 mins
4 hrs 50 mins
A rich-flavored beef stock that starts by roasting the bones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°; lightly rub the beef bones with olive oil and place in a heavy roasting pan.
- 2Roast the bones for about 20 minutes; add in the chopped onion; continue roasting 30 minutes, or until bones brown.
- 3Remove the bones and onion from the oven; carefully place in a large stockpot with the vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- 4Add water to cover by 4 inches; bring to a simmer.
- 5Skim off scum and fat until broth is clear.
- 6Simmer broth gently for 4 hours; strain the broth.
- 7Use immediately or refrigerate for later use. When broth is well chilled, carefully lift off any remaining congealed fat and discard it.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Broth (Brodo Di Manzo)
Serving Size: 1 (6034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: