Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook4 hrs 50 mins
A rich-flavored beef stock that starts by roasting the bones.
Make and share this Beef Broth (Brodo Di Manzo) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°; lightly rub the beef bones with olive oil and place in a heavy roasting pan.
- Roast the bones for about 20 minutes; add in the chopped onion; continue roasting 30 minutes, or until bones brown.
- Remove the bones and onion from the oven; carefully place in a large stockpot with the vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- Add water to cover by 4 inches; bring to a simmer.
- Skim off scum and fat until broth is clear.
- Simmer broth gently for 4 hours; strain the broth.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for later use. When broth is well chilled, carefully lift off any remaining congealed fat and discard it.