Recipe by Ranelle
A friend shared this with me. I don't like broccoli and she was trying to get me to try it. It took one bite and I was hooked! It is so yummy and easy to make. I usually make ahead and freeze or store in fridge for a day. Add at least 10 more minutes bake time if you do this.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
I used broccoli cheddar soup instead of cream of celery and frozen hash browns. The casserole seemed to be just a bit bland to me, but since DH liked it, it gets five stars as he usually hates broccoli. Thank you Ranelle.
- 4 cups frozen potato slices (1/2 30 oz bag)
- 1 lb cooked and drained ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes on bottom and sides of 8x12 inch casserole dish (like a pie crust).
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix soup, milk and 1 cup of cheese together.
- Add cooked ground beef, broccoli and 1/2 can of french fried onions and mix well.
- Place in potato shell and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with rest of cheese and french fried onions and bake 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.