Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend shared this with me. I don't like broccoli and she was trying to get me to try it. It took one bite and I was hooked! It is so yummy and easy to make. I usually make ahead and freeze or store in fridge for a day. Add at least 10 more minutes bake time if you do this.
- Place potatoes on bottom and sides of 8x12 inch casserole dish (like a pie crust).
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix soup, milk and 1 cup of cheese together.
- Add cooked ground beef, broccoli and 1/2 can of french fried onions and mix well.
- Place in potato shell and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with rest of cheese and french fried onions and bake 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
I used broccoli cheddar soup instead of cream of celery and frozen hash browns. The casserole seemed to be just a bit bland to me, but since DH liked it, it gets five stars as he usually hates broccoli. Thank you Ranelle.
This was a very hearty yummy dish. For the crust I used left over baked potatoes that I sliced thinly. I love the combination of the crunchy potatoe crust and cheesey creamy filling. I'm always looking for ways to use leftovers and this has become a favorite. Thanks for posting.
This is wonderful!!!! I used Ore Ida Cottage Fries for the shell and even created a top with them, and then layered the cheese and onion over my top crust. Very easy and quick to make. Good flavor. Sure to please adults and kids alike.