Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
An elegant meal that is both delicious and easy to prepare. Great Asian insipration. Tip: This recipe is also great using Lower Sodium or Certified Organic Beef Broth in place of the regular beef broth. From Swanson®.
- 1⁄2 package pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry sheet (1 sheet)
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin or 1 lb top round steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups swanson beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, sliced
- THAW pastry sheet at room temperature 40 minute Preheat oven to 400°F.
- UNFOLD pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut into 4 squares. Cut 3" slits from corners to centers of squares. Fold every other point to center to form a pinwheel. Press firmly to seal. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15 minute or until golden.
- SLICE beef into very thin strips. Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and red pepper.
- HEAT half the oil in skillet. Add beef and stir-fry until browned. Remove beef.
- ADD remaining oil. Add broccoli and onions and stir-fry until tender-crisp.
- ADD cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Return beef to skillet and heat through. Serve over pastry pinwheels.
- To make slicing easier, freeze beef 1 hours.