Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy Chinese dinner that takes a bit of time but is worth it! From "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- pancake noodles (Pancake Noodles)
- Thinly slice beef. Combine beef with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, and the sherry; marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a wok or skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Brown garlic; discard. Brown beef; add broccoli and stir-fry fot 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the salt, sugar and pepper.
- Combine the 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the water; stir into hot mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Serve over Pancake Noodles.