This recipe came from Cooking Light- October 2003. Simple and quick to prepare, lo mein is a great meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed and cut across the grain into long, thin strips
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- Combine pasta and sesame oil, tossing well to coat.
- Heat peanut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add steak, and sauté 5 minutes or until done.
- Add pasta mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute or until lo mein is throughly heated, stirring constantly.