Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef, browned until crumbly and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- To FREEZE: Combine ground beef with other ingredients (except bread dough) in a bowl. Roll out bread dough to a 9”x13” rectangle. Spoon filling onto one side of the dough, leaving a border of dough on three sides. Fold over bare side of dough and pinch ends together. Spray lightly with cooking spray and wrap in plastic wrap. Wrap again in tin foil and freeze.
- To COOK: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Unwrap calzone and place on cookie sheet. Loosely cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Allow to rise, but not double. Cook 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven until golden. Slice and serve.
This was BEYOND scrumptious--really hit the spot on a chilly November evening! Definitely comfort food!! I used home-made bread dough and cooked immediately (didn't freeze), but otherwise followed as written. *My Three Chefs Nov 09 OAMC Theme*