Recipe by Petalpages
Tasty comfort casserole that I threw together tonight. My husband loved it, so I thought I'd share.
Top Review by TastyTreatsByCB
I thought this was pretty good! I did add extra spices (thyme, parsley, extra rosemary, salt & pepper) and I also added two cloves of garlic with the onion. My flour/butter mixture turned out just fine. Still, with all the other spices added, it was not as flavourful or exciting as some other dishes, but for a simple meal with ingredients that I usually have on hand anyway, my husband and I didn't mind it at all!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start noodles cooking according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, season beef & onion with salt & pepper and brown together in large skillet.
- When beef starts to brown, melt butter in separate saucepan over medium heat.
- Pull rosemary from sprigs and add to butter.
- Stir until bubbly.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk and 2 cranks of the mill pepper, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil; cook & stir 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Drain beef.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine beef, broccoli, milk sauce, and cheddar in the skillet.
- Return to medium heat, stirring until cheddar is melted.
- Stir in pasta.
- Spread in lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Top with grated parmesan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.