Recipe by joyah1999
I found this on another website, I haven't tried it yet. I am putting it here safekeeping.
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb penne pasta or 3⁄4 lb other penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan and steam 3 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse broccoli under cold running water and drain well.
- Transfer to a buttered, deep casserole dish.
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Stir into broccoli.
- Melt 2 tsp butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté meat, onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring often to break up meat, until browned.
- Sprinkle on flour and thyme.
- Sauté 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.
- Stir into casserole and toss.
- Top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes until casserole is bubbling and top is golden brown.