Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- chopped tomato
- Brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Stir in sauce, pasta, and 2c water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cook covered, 8-10 minutes, or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Top with cheese and chopped tomato.
Won't the Alfredo sauce curdle if you boil it???
I slapped myself for wasting a pound of meat with this recipe. If you like boring, tasteless food this could be the go-to dish you're seeking. But still you'd be better off with a box of Hamburger Helper and a glass of V-8.
I had all the ingredients on hand to make pasta alfredo, but wanted to add a little more "ooomph" to dinner. This recipe was just what I was looking for and the results were a big thumbs up from my family. Although I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I don't think it affected the overall taste (hence the review). For alfredo sauce, I used Alfredo Sauce and cooked pasta (whole grain linguini) separately. Then, I steamed the broccoli and added to the ground beef mix. I didn't have any italian cheese, but found the parmesan used in alfredo sauce was enough to satisy our tastebuds...next time, I'll try adding some in. Forgot the chopped tomatoes (ok considering diced tomatoes are usually a deal breaker for DS and DD). It tasted great even without tomatoes, as kids (ages 15 and 5 gobbled it down and requested 2nds.) Thanks for the recipe!!