Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- chopped tomato
- Brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Stir in sauce, pasta, and 2c water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cook covered, 8-10 minutes, or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Top with cheese and chopped tomato.
I had pasta, ground grass fed beef, and fresh broccoli on hand so when I searched these ingredients- this recipe popped up. Luckily I had some Alfredo sauce. I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I browned the beef in sauteed onions and garlic. Then steamed broccoli. I added it all together with the Alfredo sauce and some additional cheese and spices for flavor. I'm winning with this quick dinner tonight!
Won't the Alfredo sauce curdle if you boil it???
I slapped myself for wasting a pound of meat with this recipe. If you like boring, tasteless food this could be the go-to dish you're seeking. But still you'd be better off with a box of Hamburger Helper and a glass of V-8.